BJP resolution against Mayawati governmentOctober 29th, 2011 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 29 (IANS) With an eye to the 2012 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Saturday passed a resolution to free the state from the “misrule of the Mayawati government”, a party leader said.
Demanding the Mayawati government’s ouster, the political resolution was adopted by BJP leaders during the first day of the two-day meeting of the party’s state working committee in Kushinagar district.
“The resolution expressed concern over rampant corruption, anarchy and lawlessness prevailing in the country’s most populous state. The party has decided that it would take up such issues with the masses in order to dethrone Mayawati,” BJP state spokesperson Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters.
“The Mayawati government is siphoning off public funds meant for development,” he alleged.
- Cow, poor, women would be our priority: Uma Bharti - Jul 21, 2011
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- BJP workers detained after clash with police - Jun 28, 2011
- Corruption, BSP 'misrule' main issues at BJP meet - Jun 02, 2011
- Rahul flays 'insensitive' Mayawati, Mulayam - Nov 23, 2011
- Gadkari to launch 'save Uttar Pradesh' campaign - Nov 30, 2011
- Akhilesh has no control over officials, party workers: BJP - May 17, 2012
- BSP passes state split resolution, triggers opposition protest (Roundup) - Nov 21, 2011
- BJP to protest Hazare arrest across Uttar Pradesh - Aug 16, 2011
- Kalraj Mishra quits Rajya Sabha - Mar 21, 2012
- Jailed legislator embarrasses Akhilesh government again - Jul 11, 2012
- Sonia, Mayawati in a war of words (Second Lead) - May 19, 2011
- BJP central leaders to meet ahead of executive meeting - Jun 01, 2011
- BJP wants CBI probe against Mayawati - Jun 01, 2011
- BJP to organise run against 'corrupt BSP' - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,