`BJP ready for electoral tie-up with AIADMK’April 29th, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, April 29 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is ready for an electoral alliance with the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK), BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters here Tuesday. “Within the (framework of the) disciplined NDA, we are always open for (an electoral alliance with the) AIADMK,” said Singh.
Answering a question, Singh said that his party was willing to consider alternative routes for the controversial Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project (SSCP) to avoid destroying the Ram Sethu - a causeway believed to have been built by Hindu god Ram several thousand years ago.
Singh, however, did not comment on the unconditional sanction accorded to the vexed project by the NDA when it was in power at the centre.
- AIADMK releases list of 160 candidates for TN polls - Mar 21, 2011
- Vaiko quits AIADMK alliance over seat sharing disagreement - Mar 20, 2011
- Election Commission acting against DMK, alleges Alagiri - Apr 18, 2011
- Vaiko slams Congress for links with DMK despite corruption charges. - Feb 24, 2011
- AIADMK wins Pudukottai by-election in Tamil Nadu - Jun 15, 2012
- Presidential poll voting ends in Puducherry, still on in Tamil Nadu - Jul 19, 2012
- TN polls: EC issues notice to Jayalalithaa, Vijayakanth - Apr 07, 2011
- AIADMK alliance committed to overthrow Congress-DMK compile in assembly polls: Vaiko - Jan 01, 2011
- Final tally for Tamil Nadu elections - May 14, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: AIADMK finalises agreement with CPI (M) - Mar 19, 2011
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Raja's brother arrested for 'bribing' voters - Apr 11, 2011
- Security tightened ahead of Tamil Nadu polls - Apr 12, 2011
- BJP will declare Ramasetu a heritage monument: Ganesan - Mar 22, 2009
Tags: aiadmk, april 29, bharatiya janata party, bjp president, canal project, causeway, chennai, dravida munnetra kazhagam, electoral alliance, hindu god, India, nda, rajnath singh, ram sethu, sanction, sethusamudram, several thousand, shipping canal