BJP questions finance ministry ’security breach’June 21st, 2011 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) Terming the media report of a suspected security breach in Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s office “a serious matter”, opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday demanded a clarification from the government.
“The government must give clarification to the nation who is behind this and what happened. Who is spying on the ministers is an important issue in itself,” BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
According a newspaper report, the finance minister wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh September last year, asking him to order a “secret inquiry” after some adhesives were found planted in his office and in some other areas in the ministry’s North Block office.
“It is a serious matter. If what has come to light is true, then it needs to be investigated. At a time when economic corruption is spread across the country, the news of spying in the finance ministry create a situation to worry about,” Naqvi told reporters here.
The BJP leader added that the issue becomes more important as Mukherjee is the “second most important minister in the government”, after the prime minister.
- Pranab says no security breach, BJP demands clarification (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Spying charge bogus, says Pranab; BJP seeks probe (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Bogus, says Pranab; BJP says chewing gum theory hard to digest (Roundup) - Jun 22, 2011
- Pranab security breach: BJP rubbishes 'chewing gum theory' - Jun 22, 2011
- Explain Pranab office bugging issue, Advani tells PM - Jun 23, 2011
- Security breach 'bogus', says Pranab; BJP demands probe (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- CAG dismisses coal scam report, says no loss to exchequer (Roundup) - Mar 22, 2012
- Nothing was found in Pranab bugging incident: PM - Jun 29, 2011
- BJP demands PM clarify on bugging episode - Mar 02, 2012
- BJP core group likely to meet today - Jun 16, 2012
- Probe found no security breach: Pranab - Jun 21, 2011
- Will support anyone who fights corruption: BJP - Jun 02, 2011
- BJP demands criminal case against Chidambaram - Feb 24, 2012
- Time terms Manmohan an underachiever (Second Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Fresh 2G note trouble for UPA government - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: abbas, adhesives, bjp leader, clarification, corruption, finance minister, finance ministry, june 21, manmohan, manmohan singh, mukhtar, naqvi, New Delhi, newspaper report, opposition, pranab mukherjee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, security breach, vice president