BJP protesters clash with police in JaipurApril 7th, 2012 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 7 (IANS) Supporters of a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator, arrested by the CBI for a staged shootout, clashed with police at three places here and damaged public transport buses and shops during a shutdown called by the party, police said.
Rathore, who represents the Taranagar constituency in Churu district, was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Thursday in connection with the staged shootout of criminal Dara Singh in 2006.
The BJP supporters held demonstrations to protest the legislator’s arrest.
Police baton-charged protesters at Kishanpol Bazaar and arrested some party supporters under preventive sections.
A sit-in was staged at Bari Choupar here in which former chief minister Vasundhara Raje of the BJP accused Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot government of using the CBI for political gains.
Demonstrations were held at all district headquarters across the state by BJP supporters.
The staged shootout by police’s special operations group took place on the outskirts of Jaipur Oct 23, 2006. The probe agency, in its charge sheet filed in a court, accused Rathore of criminal conspiracy.
The case has so far seen the arrest of 11 policemen.
- Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Rajasthan lawmaker discharged in staged shootout case - May 31, 2012
- Jailed BJP legislator alleges ill-treatment - Apr 25, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Court issues notice to Rajasthan BJP legislator - Jul 05, 2012
- Court rejects senior Rajasthan police officer's bail plea - Apr 27, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail - Apr 13, 2012
- Rajasthan police officer denied bail in Dara Singh killing - Aug 22, 2012
- Ten students held for stoning Rajasthan BJP leader's house - Aug 19, 2012
- Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheet - Jun 03, 2011
- Rajasthan BJP leader accused in shoot-out case, denies charges (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
Tags: ashok, bharatiya janata party, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, constituency, criminal conspiracy, dara singh, district headquarters, jaipur, legislator, outskirts, party supporters, police baton, policemen, protesters clash with police, public transport buses, raje, rathore, special operations group