BJP promises to build Ram templeApril 3rd, 2009 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Friday reiterated its commitment to the construction of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya as well as the removal of the constitution’s article 370 that gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
Among the party’s promises:
– The BJP remains committed to the construction of a grand Ram Mandir at Ayodhya.
– BJP will not allow anybody to touch the Ram Setu (also known as Adam’s bridge, close to the southern tip of India). The party will evolve a new route for the Sethusamudram shipping canal project bypassing Ram Setu.
– Cleaning the Ganga and other major rivers will be a priority. Local communities will be enrolled in this task.
– Cow protection is an article of faith with BJP. This will be pursued relentlessly.
– Full integration of the nation is not possible as long as Article 370 (relating to the special status of Jammu and Kashmir) stays on the statute books. BJP remains steadfast in its belief that the provision must be removed to ensure India’s unity.
- BJP reiterates commitment to Ram temple - Apr 03, 2009
- Narasimha Rao had key role in Ayodhya temple construction: Singhal - Aug 11, 2010
- BJP manifesto is against minority reservation; for Ram temple - Jan 27, 2012
- BJP resolution against Kashmir interlocutors' report - May 24, 2012
- Army being demonised in Kashmir: Advani - Nov 16, 2011
- Government clueless about anarchy in Kashmir: Advani - Aug 08, 2010
- BJP has narrow agenda: Congress - Apr 03, 2009
- BJP manifesto reflects struggle to transform image (News Analysis) - Apr 03, 2009
- 19 years after Babri demolition, Ram temple on backburner? - Dec 05, 2011
- Advani kicks off BJP's UP poll campaign with Ram temple - Feb 05, 2012
- UPA has run out of ideas on Kashmir, says BJP - Dec 23, 2010
- BJYM to hoist tricolour in Srinagar - Dec 18, 2010
- Kashmir problem is Nehru's special gift to India: Advani - Jun 26, 2011
- BJP again takes Ayodhya issue to high pitch - Sep 05, 2010
- Congress, PDP slam BJP's flag hoisting plan - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: ayodhya, belief that, bharatiya janata party, bjp, canal project, constitution, cow protection, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, New Delhi, priority, provision, ram mandir, ram temple, rivers, s bridge, shipping canal, southern tip, statute books, unity