BJP president Rajnath Singh has narrow escape (Lead)April 12th, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 12 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh had a narrow escape Sunday when the car he was travelling in was hit by a tractor trolley near here, police said.
The accident took place at 1 p.m., when Singh’s Ambassador car took a u-turn and was hit by the tractor at Duhai locality of Ghaziabad on Meerut Road.
Singh, who is contesting the Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency, was going to attend a function at the HLM Public school in Muradnagar.
His motorcade comprising about 10 cars, including police jeeps, was on the road when a farmer travelling at high speed in his tractor hit the Ambassador car. The front left portion of the car, including the head light, fender and bumper, was damaged.
Singh was sitting on the rear seat of the car, a police official said.
The police escort Gypsy cleared the way for Singh, who changed his car and proceeded to attend the function.
“The police arrested the tractor driver but let him off after Singh’s intervention. His car was sent to the workshop and a standby car arranged for him,” said Sardar S.P. Singh, media in-charge of the BJP chief.
- BJP president Rajnath Singh has narrow escape in road accident - Apr 12, 2009
- Millions of potatoes carpet Jalandhar streets as farmers protest - Dec 15, 2011
- Four killed as oil tanker hits tractor-trolley - Oct 06, 2011
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Eight killed as tractor-trolley falls into gorge - Jan 23, 2010
- Journalist held for road rage shooting - Nov 30, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Two brothers crushed to death in Ghaziabad - Sep 25, 2011
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll rises to 24 - Feb 09, 2010
- 12-year-old crushed to death, residents ransack police post - Jul 06, 2009
- Three killed in Ghaziabad accident - Apr 18, 2009
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Feb 09, 2010
- Cop's son killed, three held - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: ambassador, bjp chief, bjp president, fender, gypsy, jeeps, locality, Lok Sabha, meerut, motorcade, narrow escape, police escort, police official, rajnath singh, rear seat, sabha constituency, sardar, tractor driver, trolley, u turn