BJP organ hails Advani, flays othersJune 1st, 2012 - 5:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) Coinciding with L.K. Advani’s implicit attack on party president Nitin Gadkari, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has criticized some of its leaders but without taking any names.
An editorial in the fortnightly “Kamal Sandesh” said: “Some of the happenings in the BJP-ruled Karnataka and Gujarat along with BJP Rajasthan have deeply hurt the sentiments of the common people.”
This appeared to be a reference to the dissensions in the BJP in all three states.
“(This) has not been the fundamental character of BJP. There has never been any conflict in the BJP for one’s own sake. For last so many years, people have been fighting for the sake of the party,” it said.
“If pupil make a mistake in a class, it is understandable — but here, even masters and principals are ready to leave the track,” it said.
The editorial praised party veterans Atal Bihari Vajpayee, L.K. Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi.
“Atalji, Advaniji and Joshiji have been shining on the horizon of Indian politics for so many years only because they have always considered the organisation to be supreme,” it said.
The BJP downplayed the contents of the editorial.
“There is nothing in the editorial. They have taken no names,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
On Thursday, Advani, in his blog, made an implicit attack on Gadkari, saying that while people were angry with the Congress-led government, they were upset with the BJP too.
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- BJP faces revolt over Rajya Sabha nomination (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Kalam launches compilation of Vajpayee's works - Jun 09, 2011
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- BJP faces revolt against Jharkhand Rajya Sabha nomination - Mar 20, 2012
- BJP leaders upset over fielding of Tarun Vijay, Jethmalani - Jun 08, 2010
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- All-party meet on Lokpal without precedent: Advani - Jul 04, 2011
- Sharad Yadav rejects Advani's prediction on 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012
- NDA to decide presidential nominee Sunday - Jun 16, 2012
- BJP's internecine war bogs it down - Jun 03, 2012
- BJP should always respect Vajpayee, says kin - Dec 25, 2011
- Advani like rancid pickle: Goa BJP leader (Second Lead) - Sep 22, 2009
- PM, BJP leaders greet Vajpayee on his 87th birthday - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: atal bihari vajpayee, bharatiya janata party, common people, fortnightly, fundamental character, gujarat, indian politics, kamal, karnataka, l k advani, murli manohar joshi, nitin, party president, principals, pupil, rajasthan, sandesh, sentiments, spokesperson, three states