BJP MP’s house attacked by party activistsJuly 23rd, 2008 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 23 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) activists Wednesday held a noisy protest outside party MP Haribhau Rathod’s residence here and attacked his house at Yavatmal for staying away from parliament during the trust vote in parliament the government won. According to police officials in Yavatmal district, at least 50 party supporters stormed Rathod’s home in the town, about 500 km from here, and attempted to destroy the furniture and fittings.
Police used canes to disperse the BJP workers. Additional policemen rushed to the spot.
Around 35 BJP activists also demonstrated outside Rathod’s Ashok Nagar residence at Mumbai suburb Mulund, carrying placards and shouting slogans against the MP.
Rathod was among nearly 10 BJP MPs who were either absent during the voting Tuesday or voted for the government. One was present in the house but did not vote.
- BJP demands Chidambaram's resignation, disrupts parliament (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- BJP targets Chidambaram, stalls parliament (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2011
- Police use force on protests near PM, Sonia houses (Evening Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Uproar in parliament over police crackdown on BJP workers - Aug 10, 2011
- Advani, Rajnath conspiring to kill me: expelled BJP MP (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2008
- Advani, Rajnath conspiring to murder me: expelled BJP MP (Lead) - Jul 24, 2008
- Nationwide stir: Maharashtra grinds to a halt (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Kejriwal arrested, vows to protest again (Third Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Congress MPs add to Telangana chorus, disrupt Lok Sabha (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Anna supporters picket Congress MP's Jammu home - Aug 23, 2011
- Telangana activists protest in Delhi for separate state - Feb 21, 2011
- Shiv Sena attacks cinemas due to screen 'My Name Is Khan' - Feb 09, 2010
- Rajya Sabha adjourned over BJP protests - Aug 09, 2011
- Police battle anti-corruption protests near PM, Sonia houses (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2012
- Seven more Tibetan protestors arrested - Mar 30, 2012