BJP MLA arrested in Rajasthan, granted bailMay 29th, 2012 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 29 (IANS) A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator in Rajasthan was arrested Tuesday for manhandling administrative officers and abusing them with casteist remarks in 2009, police said. A court later granted him bail.
Anil Jain, who represents Khanpur constituency in Jhalawar district, had marched into a police station along with his supporters and then manhandled an additional district magistrate (ADM) and a sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) in presence of senior police officers in April 2009, said a senior police official.
The officer said that the legislator was opposing an anti-encroachment drive in Jhalawar, some 320 kilometers from Jaipur.
“He had abused some officials with casteist remarks. A case had been registered against the legislator by the then SDM. As Jain was a sitting legislator, the case was handed over to police’s Central Investigation Department which probed the matter and found him guilty,” said the officer.
Police arrested the legislator Tuesday and produced him in the court of chief judicial magistrate in Jhalawar. “The court granted him bail,” said the officer.
- Rajasthan clerk held for spying for Pakistan - Dec 20, 2011
- Government employees boycott work over mistreatment of Dalit - Feb 03, 2010
- Rajasthan police officer denied bail in Dara Singh killing - Aug 22, 2012
- Six cops injured in mob attack in Rajasthan - Aug 08, 2012
- Haryana bureaucrat arrested in corruption case - Feb 16, 2012
- Court pulls up Delhi sub-divisional magistrate - Oct 04, 2010
- Official booked for beating man to death - Jul 26, 2010
- Rajasthan IPS official's bail rejected - Jul 16, 2012
- Court rejects senior Rajasthan police officer's bail plea - Apr 27, 2012
- Wildlife smuggler Sansar Chand gets bail - May 31, 2012
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Lawyers in Uttar Pradesh boycott work - Sep 05, 2011
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- Sand mafia kingpin arrested - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: adm, administrative officers, bharatiya janata party, central investigation department, constituency, district magistrate, encroachment, jain, judicial magistrate, kilometers, legislator, police officers, police official, police station, presence, s central, sdm