BJP misleading nation with lies, says CongressSeptember 12th, 2012 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 12 (IANS) Under attack for alleged irregularities in coal block allocations, the Congress Wednesday charged the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) with “misleading the nation with a bunch of lies”.
The BJP had mastered the art of gossip and rumour mongering and it was no surprise that it was spreading canard against the UPA II government over coal block allotments, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told reporters.
“They had accused the Congress of forcibly sterilising young men and senior citizens during Emergency, they had charged the late Rajiv Gandhi with getting kickbacks in the Bofors gun deal… this is their style of creating hype on non-issues,” Azad said.
With Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh next to him, Azad went on to accuse the BJP of making attempts to destabilise the country.
“BJP is running away from truth as its chief ministers are involved in recommending allocation of coal blocks,” Azad said.
He said he had not seen such undemocratic behaviour by any opposition party in his entire political career.
The BJP, he said, was creating hype around false allegations to gain mileage in the forthcoming elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh.
Digvijay Singh added that the BJP government in Chhattisgarh was helping a close aide of its national president Nitin Gadkari while allotting a coal block at throwaway prices.
“Coal block allotments have been strictly state government recommendations. Will the Chhattisgarh government explain why a single bid tender of SRS Infrastructure, a company owned by a close Gadkari aide, was accepted by the Chhattisgarh Mining Development Corp?” he asked.
–Indo-Asian News Servoce
- BJP slams UPA, demands cancellation of coal blocks - Sep 10, 2012
- CBI questioning chief ministers a waste of time: Raman Singh - Sep 07, 2012
- Congress attacks Gadkari, BJP says charges baseless (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Probe money trail in coal scam: BJP (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Kejriwal calls for protests outside PM's, BJP chief's residences - Aug 23, 2012
- Team Anna rejects CBI probe in 'coalgate' (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Team Anna rejects CBI probe in 'coalgate' (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- CAG sensationalising coal block issue: Digvijay Singh - Aug 31, 2012
- Cancelling coal blocks not possible: Jairam Ramesh - Sep 13, 2012
- Congress protest against Chhattisgarh CM turns violent - Sep 04, 2012
- IMG deallocates 8th coal block, Plan panel for privatising mining - Sep 18, 2012
- IMG likely to complete coal report by Sep 15: Bansal - Sep 13, 2012
- Uproar in Odisha assembly over coal blocks allocation - Aug 29, 2012
- Raman Singh slams Congress on coal block allocations - Aug 27, 2012
- Probe money trail in coal scam: BJP - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: allotments, asian news, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, bofors gun, chief ministers, digvijay singh, false allegations, forthcoming elections, ghulam nabi azad, government recommendations, gun deal, himachal pradesh, mining development, national president, opposition party, rajiv gandhi, rumour mongering, senior citizens, throwaway prices