BJP members walk out of 2G parliamentary committeeAugust 22nd, 2012 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) members in the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) on the 2G spectrum allocation scam Wednesday walked out from a meeting of the committee, calling it a “kangaroo court”.
The BJP leaders, who were upset over former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee being named in the list of those the JPC wanted to interrogate, were miffed as the Congress wanted to summon Arun Shourie, who was the telecom minister during National Democratic Alliance’s rule.
Jaswant Singh, Yashwant Sinha, Dharmendra Pradhan and Ravi Shankar Prasad were among the BJP leaders who walked out of the meeting, which was expected to finalise the list of people who shall depose before the committee.
- BJP members walk out of 2G JPC (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Congress slams BJP for walkout from 2G JPC (second lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- BJP MPs walk out of 2G JPC meet, say no point in continuing (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- BJP terms Congress 'obstinate' - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP mulls quitting JPC on 2G, says chairman 'dictatorial' (Third Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- BJP MPs walk out of 2G JPC meet (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- No plans to summon Vajpayee: JPC - Jun 01, 2011
- Cabinet under Vajpayee cleared telecom migration policy: Chacko (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Jaswant files nomination for vice presidential poll (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress slams Sinha for attacks on Chidambaram - May 07, 2011
- Will JPC on 2G spectrum get to the truth? Debate is on - Mar 02, 2011
- BJP faces revolt over Rajya Sabha nomination (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Congress, BJP clash in JPC probing 2G scam - Jun 19, 2012
- 'Vajpayee was telecom minister when migration policy was cleared' - Aug 02, 2011
- Shourie to appear before CBI over 2G scam (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,