BJP leaders should join Naxalites: CongressFebruary 16th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Feb 16 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders in Goa should “join the Naxalites” instead of covertly attacking Congress candidates through surrogate advertising, a Congress MP said Thursday.
Speaking to reporters here, Shantaram Naik, Goa’s lone MP in the Rajya Sabha, also said that the Congress had filed a complaint on surrogate advertising with the Election Commission.
“Is the BJP afraid to attack the Congress in the open? If they want to hide behind bushes and hit at us, they should go and join the Naxalites,” said Naik.
Naik said a string of advertisements focusing on corruption, nepotism and illustrative of bad governance, released by Friends of Good Governance (FOGG), were surrogate advertisements for the BJP.
FOGG convener Giriaj Pai Vernekar said the ads had been endorsed by Chief Election Commissioner S.Y. Quraishi when he visited Goa.
- Families corner one-third of Congress tickets in Goa (Goa Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Congress takes potshots at caste rivalry in Goa BJP - Jan 30, 2012
- Congress MP uses dialogue to describe Parrikar's work ethic - Aug 11, 2012
- Goa: Non-IAS officers serving as district magistrates questioned - Jan 24, 2012
- BJP-MGP alliance win in Goa; to stake claim Wednesday (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP minister's death postpones Goa budget presentation - Mar 21, 2012
- BJP-MGP alliance routs Congress-NCP in Goa (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2012
- Parrikar given clean chit in IFFI scam case - Feb 24, 2011
- Rename India as Bharat, says Congress MP - Aug 09, 2012
- Leakage of Goa mining report to be raised in parliament - Nov 21, 2011
- Poll official moved out from Kamat constituency - Feb 08, 2012
- Goa's BJP legislator quits party for Congress - Sep 12, 2011
- Mining dumps in Goa the next Congress-BJP battleground? (With Image) - Sep 05, 2012
- Gadkari-Munde feud inspires a sequel in Goa - Jan 30, 2012
- Yeddyurappa should be jailed for corruption, says Congress leader - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: advertisements, bjp leaders, bushes, chief election commissioner, congress candidates, convener, corruption, election commission, fogg, goa, good governance, mp, naxalites, nepotism, pai, panaji, quraishi, rajya sabha