BJP leaders meet to decide future polls strategyApril 18th, 2012 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) With the victory in the Delhi civic polls coming as a shot in the arm for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the party’s top leadership met here Wednesday morning to discuss it’s strategy for future polls.
According to party sources, key BJP leaders, including the top slot, met at party President Nitin Gadkari’s residence here in the morning.
The meeting was attended by L.K. Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and other key and senior leaders.
“The meeting was to decide the future path, how to go about the coming polls, and how to go about the states where we are not in power… other similar issues were taken up,” a source told IANS.
Party president Nitin Gadkari Tuesday termed the BJP’s victory in Delhi civic polls as a prelude to coming elections. He also said it reflected anti-Congress sentiment of the people.
The BJP won in 138 of the 272 wards in the three newly created municipal corporations of Delhi while the Congress secured victory in 77 wards.
The BJP, however, lost 26 seats as compared to 2007, when it won 164 seats. The Congress, however, improved its last time tally from 64 to 77 seats.
- Civic polls: Did trifurcation move boomerang? - Apr 17, 2012
- Civic polls indicator for future: BJP - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Intro Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
- BJP's extravagant campaign clicked with people: Congress - Apr 20, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP wooing rebels to gain power in south - Apr 18, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Fourth lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP heads for big lead (Second Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP headed for win (Third Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Elections for three new Delhi mayors from April 30 - Apr 24, 2012
- This was not my election: Sheila Dikshit - Apr 18, 2012
- Defeat in Delhi civic polls a wake up call to Dikshit - Apr 19, 2012
- Congress MCD debacle: Dikshit indicates cabinet reshuffle - Apr 19, 2012
- Civic poll loss not a referendum on me: Dikhit (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- BJP wins Delhi civic polls, but road ahead not so smooth - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: arun jaitley, bharatiya janata party, bjp leaders, civic polls, future path, l k advani, last time, municipal corporations, New Delhi, nitin, party president, party sources, prelude, sentiment, shot in the arm, sushma swaraj, tally, top slot, wards, wednesday morning