BJP leaders meet Dikshit, seek relief in school fee hikeApril 29th, 2009 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) A delegation of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders Wednesday met Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and demanded relief for parents from the recent hike in school fees.
The delegation led by senior BJP leader Vijay Kumar Malhotra explained the issue to Dikshit.
“After listening to the BJP delegation, the chief minister said she will try to resolve the issue of increased fees and arrears. After the elections she will ascertain the views of all the parties concerned and find out a solution of the problem,” the BJP said in a statement.
Delhi BJP president O.P. Kohli said: “It is the responsibility of the government that it protects the right of education of every student. Most people in Delhi are not capable of bearing the burden of the increase in fees and arrears in the time of price rise, unemployment and recession.”
Many private schools here have decided to hike tuition fees by 50 percent to raise the teachers’ salaries in tune with the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations.
- Panel constituted to examine school fee hike - Sep 25, 2011
- Notice to Delhi government on panel to examine school fee hike - Sep 02, 2011
- Panel in week to examine school fee hike: Court told - Sep 09, 2011
- Panel on school fee hike to start work from Dec 26 - Dec 23, 2011
- BJP protest to demand Dikshit's resignation Nov 25 - Nov 22, 2010
- Delhi panel gives report to court on school fees hike - Aug 23, 2012
- Congress seeks apology from Vijay Goel - Aug 22, 2012
- Court orders Ramjas School to roll back tuition fee hike - Dec 05, 2011
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Fourth lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Chidambaram assures to look into police excesses committed during BJP rally - Feb 25, 2011
- No constitutional breakdown in Delhi, asserts Dikshit - Nov 26, 2010
- Congress too worried over price rise: Dikshit - Jul 05, 2010
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
- BJP to file privilege motion against Dikshit - Nov 26, 2010
- Panel wants 64 schools to refund excess fee - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: april 29, arrears, bjp leader, bjp leaders, bjp president, chief minister, commission recommendations, delegation, fee hike, janata party, kohli, malhotra, New Delhi, private schools, recession, sheila dikshit, teachers salaries, tuition fees, unemployment, vijay kumar