BJP leader Vijay Goel’s campaign goes online nowApril 24th, 2009 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) Taking a cue from his party’s prime ministerial candidate L.K. Advani, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate from New Delhi Vijay Goel Friday launched his own website to reach out to the nearly 400,000 netizens in his constituency.
“I started my political leader as a student leader and here I am today again as a student learning this media (internet). The BJP has been pioneer of this IT revolution in India. So here I am launching my online campaign,” Goel said as he launched the website “www.vijaygoel.in.
The website was launched by fashion czarina Ritu Beri, a resident of Greater Kailash-II in south Delhi.
The website directly asks people to think well before choosing the Congress. “50 years to Congress vs five years to BJP, you decide who should be given a chance again,” the website reads.
The three-time MP also seeks to tell the people as to “Why Vajpayee-ji chose me for PMO”.
Goel, a product of the Shri Ram College of Commerce of Delhi University, has penned a book on Chandni Chowk’s heritage called “Delhi - the Emperor’s City”.
Clad in an yellow kurta and brown jacket, Goel was at ease while describing the features of the portal.
“We have started a video channel. It will initially have photo clips and text news. It will be followed by video news and then constituency news coverage,” said Goel.
“In New Delhi we have about two lakh (200,000) net connections and about four lakh (400,000) net users. So with this website I can take my voice to them, know their views and respond to them,” he explained.
Beri also defended celebrities canvassing for politicians.
“If your vision matches that of a politician I do not see any harm in Bollywood supporting them,” Beri said.
“Of course I will be voting. How can you not vote and live in the country. At least you assert yourself to choose the right person,” the designer added.
- Internet around the world may shut down Saturday - Mar 30, 2012
- My song will be next big thing: Model Alesia Raut (With Image) - May 30, 2012
- Four held by CBI for medical admission fraud - Jul 20, 2012
- Indian will react after complete revelations by WikiLeaks: Krishna - Dec 01, 2010
- Indonesian MPs' sex tape leaked online - Apr 25, 2012
- Advani defends Modi - Jul 08, 2012
- Indian designers unfazed by Hermes sari plans - Oct 16, 2011
- It's now Facebook, Twitter, Youtube for candidates in local polls - Apr 06, 2012
- By-poll ahead, but no one's campaigning in Bastar interiors - May 03, 2011
- Rs.4.75 lakh course for aspiring women politicians - Apr 10, 2012
- Government counters BJP's Time magazine attack on PM - Jul 09, 2012
- India-Pakistan match halts Bengal poll campaign - Mar 30, 2011
- Shobhaa De walks WIFW ramp for Ritu Beri - Oct 23, 2010
- Assam AGP-BJP in secret seat sharing deal? - Mar 07, 2011
- Ajit Jogi waits to use robotic legs - Mar 09, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, chandni chowk, college of commerce, constituency news, czarina, delhi university, kurta, l k advani, media internet, netizens, photo clips, pmo, political leader, prime ministerial candidate, ritu beri, shri ram college, shri ram college of commerce, south delhi, student leader, video channel