BJP fields Ahluwalia for Rajya Sabha seatApril 19th, 2012 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party’s will field S.S. Ahluwalia, its former deputy leader in the Rajya Sabha, for a seat in the upper house of parliament from Jharkhand, the party said Thursday.
Ahluwalia’s tenure in the Rajya Sabha ended earlier this month.
“BJP president Nitin Gadkari has approved the recommendations of Jharkhand’s state election committee regarding the biennial election to the council of states (Rajya Sabha),” a party press release said.
- BJP nominates Ahluwalia for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Ahuwalia files nomination for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 21, 2012
- Mishra withdraws RS nomination amid rift in BJP (Second Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll: JMM irked over BJP decision to field Ahluwalia - Apr 19, 2012
- Dissent grows in BJP over Rajya Sabha nomination - Mar 21, 2012
- BJP not to vote for Mishra in Jharkhand (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- Munda licks wounds after BJP defeat - May 04, 2012
- Jaitley files defamation suit against Anshuman Mishra - Mar 26, 2012
- BJP faces revolt over Rajya Sabha nomination (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- BJP faces revolt against Jharkhand Rajya Sabha nomination - Mar 20, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll on May 3 (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- BJP leaders meet president on 'parliament subversion' (Second Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Gadkari hits out at Anshuman Mishra, calls allegations baseless - Mar 25, 2012
- BJP to back JMM candidates if it joins NDA - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, deputy leader, election committee, house of parliament, jharkhand, New Delhi, nitin, parliament, Press Release, rajya sabha, state election, tenure, upper house of parliament