BJP district president suspended after sleaze clipsFebruary 11th, 2011 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 11 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Mandsaur district president Karulal Soni has been suspended from the party following the circulation of a video clip that showed him in a compromising position with a woman, party officials said Friday.This comes only days after a nephew of the BJP legislator from Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh was arrested in a rape case.
“Whether the clip was morphed or it was original will be known only later. But Soni is being suspended as the charges are serious,” state BJP president Prabhat Jha told reporters here.
Soni had earlier termed the incident as an effort to malign his image.
It is the second case within a week in which the ruling BJP faces an embarrassing situation.
A minor girl recently began a hunger strike alleging rape by Dhanmendra Singh, the nephew of Yashpal Sisodia, the party MLA from Mandsaur. Dhanmendra was later arrested.
- Girl, allegedly raped by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike - Feb 07, 2011
- Legislator's rape-accused nephew arrested - Feb 08, 2011
- Girl alleges rape by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Congress legislator arrested in Ujjain for morphing picture - Feb 04, 2012
- Bihar Police arrest journalist in BJP MLA murder case - Jan 06, 2011
- BJP illegally collecting election funds: Congress - Jan 04, 2011
- Former Karnataka minister Sriramulu appears before Anti-Corruption Bureau - Aug 21, 2012
- Photo shows BJP leader with Masood murder accused - Mar 01, 2012
- Ghaziabad police nab former MLA's killer - Jan 13, 2012
- BJP accuses UP Govt. of failing to maintain law and order - Jan 29, 2011
- Congress protests remarks by BJP leaders on ministers - May 23, 2011
- BJP workers held for protest over coal, released - Dec 13, 2010
- Two held for raping woman - Mar 24, 2011
- Orchha BJP executive meet marred by intra-party mudslinging - Apr 08, 2012