BJP dissociates itself from Sangma’s petition planJuly 25th, 2012 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) The BJP Wednesday dissociated itself from the petition Purno A. Sangma is planning to file in the Supreme Court against Pranab Mukherjee’s election as the president.
“Any decision by Mr. Sangma to approach the Supreme Court will be his personal initiative,” said Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
“BJP has respectfully welcomed Mukherjee as the president of India and the party and the NDA (National Democratic Alliance) will not be associated with any such step,” Rudy said.
Sangma, who lost the presidential election to Mukherjee, has been contemplating filing an election petition challenging Mukherjee’s nomination.
Sangma’s team had alleged that Mukherjee was holding an office of profit as chairman of the Indian Statistical Institute when he filed his nomination. They have also alleged that a copy of resignation letter submitted by Mukherjee carried a forged signature.
- BJP dissociates itself from Sangma's petition plan (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Purno Sangma to file election petition Tuesday - Aug 18, 2012
- Sangma to file election petition Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- 'Beyond my powers to probe Mukherjee's signature' - Jul 11, 2012
- Can't forge signature, says Pranab; Team Sangma to move court (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sangma's team keeps option of moving apex court open - Jul 22, 2012
- Team Sangma gives poll panel proof against Mukherjee - Jul 09, 2012
- Can't forge signature, says Pranab; Team Sangma to move court (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Poll panel rejects Sangma's plea against Pranab (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sangma challenges Mukherjee's election - Aug 21, 2012
- Sangma challenges Pranab's election in apex court (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Sangma gives proof against Mukherjee, centre debunks it (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sangma to decide Thursday on petition against Mukherjee - Jul 05, 2012
- BJP again rakes up Pranab's 'forged' signature issue - Jul 06, 2012
- Team Sangma may go to court against Pranab's nomination - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: bjp, copy of resignation letter, election petition, indian statistical institute, national democratic alliance, New Delhi, nomination, personal initiative, pranab mukherjee, president of india, presidential election, rajiv pratap, rudy, signature, spokesperson, supreme court