BJP demands probe in Razi’s role during central rule in JharkhandJuly 20th, 2009 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, July 20 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday demanded a probe in the role of outgoing Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi during President’s rule in the state.
“Razi’s rule was controversial and his work during president rule should be probed,” state BJP chief Raghubar Das told IANS, adding the governor had taken hundreds of crucial decisions “which he should not have taken”.
Razi had lowered the dignity of governor during President’s rule, he said.
“BJP is happy that Razi has been shifted out from Jharkhand as governor. For a long period of time we were demanding removal of Razi as governor. During Razi’s rule the state witnessed total anarchy. Law and order situation worsened and people of the state were feeling unsafe,” Das said.
Das said he hoped at the new governor will work to improve governance, particularly the law and order situation in the state.
The central government has shifted Razi to Assam as governor and he has been replaced by Nagaland Governor K. Sankaranarayanan.
- BJP accuses Jharkhand governor of violating model code - Mar 25, 2009
- Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Jharkhand governor - Jul 26, 2009
- BJP questions poll-timed fund release by Jharkhand governor - Apr 01, 2009
- Corruption, instability mark 10 years of Jharkhand - Nov 12, 2010
- Sankaranarayanan to be sworn-in for second term as Maharashtra governor - May 05, 2012
- Jharkhand BJP workers demonstrate against central rule - Oct 11, 2009
- BJP aligns with JMM, seeks to form Jharkhand government (Third Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Sankaranarayanan sworn in as Maharashtra governor for second term - May 07, 2012
- BJP joins up with JMM again, stakes claim for Jharkhand government (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2010
- Court petition against former Jharkhand governor - Dec 17, 2009
- Backed by JMM, BJP set to form Jharkhand government (Intro Roundup) - Sep 07, 2010
- 32 police officers transferred in Jharkhand - Jul 29, 2010
- Kateekal Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Governor of Jharkhand - Jul 26, 2009
- BJP demands halt to demolition drive in Jharkhand - Apr 11, 2011
- BJP demands paramilitary forces at all polling stations in Jharkhand - Apr 20, 2009
Tags: anarchy, assam, bharatiya janata party, bjp chief, bjp demands, central government, crucial decisions, dignity, governance, jharkhand governor, law and order, period of time, president rule, ranchi, sankaranarayanan