BJP dares SP to withdraw support to centreSeptember 13th, 2012 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday made light of the Samajwadi Party’s (SP) pitch for a Third Front and its criticism of the central government and dared it to withdraw support to the Congress-led UPA.
“Before he starts talking of a Third Front, he should first set the country free of Congress-led UPA,” BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said here.
He said the SP had not disappointed the Congress and was “part and parcel of the UPA”.
“What is the SP after all? It is a regional party which has 19 MPs (in Lok Sabha). It contests against the Congress in Uttar Pradesh and supports the Congress in Delhi,” he said.
Citing instances, he said the SP had supported the government during cut motion on price rise and on the issue of summoning witnesses before the the Public Accounts Committee of parliament during its examination of 2G spectrum report.
Referring to SP leader Mulayam Singh Yadav’s remarks about the Congress being “scam- tainted”, Rudy said it was the right time to withdraw support to the central government.
“If convinced that the UPA is corrupt, withdraw support,” Rudy added.
He said with the Left parties weakened, there was no scope of a Third Front emerging and the 2014 general elections would be between the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance.
The SP Wednesday urged regional parties to forge a Third Front and said it was determined to ensure that no government takes office in New Delhi without its support.
Party chief Mulayam Singh said in Kolkata that the Congress was “demoralised” and “neck deep in corruption” and the BJP was in a limbo.
- SP to ensure next government will need its support (Roundup) - Sep 12, 2012
- We won't join UPA, but help it pass budget: SP - Mar 24, 2012
- SP not joining UPA government: Mulayam (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- SP not joining UPA government: Mulayam - Mar 19, 2012
- BJP trying to woo Trinamool Congress back to NDA? - May 25, 2012
- Mulayam says will support UPA to keep out communal forces - Sep 21, 2012
- Raisina Hill race: Trinamool may tap NDA for support - Jun 18, 2012
- Samajwadi Party has no immediate plans for third front: Nanda - Sep 09, 2012
- SP must be key to next government in Delhi: Mulayam - Sep 12, 2012
- UP results will cast shadow on central government: BJP - Mar 06, 2012
- Trinamool pullout increases Congress dependence on SP, BSP - Sep 19, 2012
- Trinamool pullout increases Congress dependence on SP, BSP (Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- My good wishes to Rahul, Mulayam now says - Sep 13, 2012
- Presidential poll: Pranab, Sangma to file papers Thursday - Jun 27, 2012
- Supporting or withdrawing support is usual political procedure: Mulayam - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,