BJP chief ministers, leaders to meet in DelhiAugust 16th, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) Chief ministers of the states ruled by the BJP, and key party leaders will be meeting here Saturday to discuss the present economic situation in the country, party leader Yashwant Sinha said Thursday.
Sinha said the meeting will focus on three issues: impact of economic crisis on the states, impact of drought-like situation, and the “step-motherly treatment” by the central government to the states ruled by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
The meeting will be attended by the party’s central leaders, chief ministers and deputy chief ministers, and key opposition leaders from states where the BJP is not in power.
“The nation is going through a very serious economic situation. Even the growth that has happened is jobless growth. Employment generation is not at the level it should have been. Rating agencies are constantly downgrading India’s rating, and there is a complete policy paralysis on the government’s part,” Sinha said.
“There is crony capitalism on one hand, and return of license quota raj on other hand,” he said.
He, however, added that the meeting has “no negative aim”.
“We want to see, compared to the centre, what our states are doing to deal with this situation,” he added.
- BJP to hold meeting to review economy - Aug 17, 2012
- Congress has mismanaged economy: BJP (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Government discriminates against our states: BJP - Aug 19, 2012
- BJP leaders meet on economic downturn (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- No progress in eight years of UPA rule: BJP (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- PM making excuses for governance deficit, says BJP (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- In stormy times, opposition slams budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Probe Chidambaram's role in 2G scam: BJP - Jul 02, 2011
- Sonia praises Pranab's budget - May 09, 2012
- Budget 2012-13 misses big picture: Yashwant Sinha - Mar 16, 2012
- Ramesh writes to Sinha, refutes charges of discrimination - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP chief ministers meet, discuss economy - Aug 18, 2012
- No deal between government, opposition: BJP - Aug 03, 2011
- In stormy times, opposition, SP slam budget (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Kaushik's remark triggers political slugfest (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: aim, bharatiya janata party, bjp, capitalism, central government, central leaders, chief ministers, economic crisis, economic situation, employment generation, impact of drought, India, issues impact, jobless growth, New Delhi, opposition leaders, party leader, party leaders, policy paralysis, quota raj