BJP campaign hurt JD-U: Sharad YadavMay 31st, 2009 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) Janata Dal-United president Sharad Yadav Sunday said there was a “difference between the pre-poll alliance and now” and added that the BJP election campaign hurt his party.
“The BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) raised all wrong issues and this damaged us. They could not take up any real issues touching the common masses,” Yadav, who is also the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) convenor, told reporters here after his party’s national executive meeting.
“There is a difference between the pre-poll alliance and now. The reasons for the debacle will be raised with the BJP leaders and ways to find a solution will be worked out,” he said.
Without naming BJP veteran L.K. Advani, who was the NDA’s candidate for the post of prime minister, Yadav rued: “The BJP could not recreate the magic of the (former prime minister Atal Bihari) Vajpayee days.”
The JD-U leader also took a dig at the BJP president and said that “despite Rajnath Singh and many other leaders being originally farmers, the BJP could not raise any issues relating to the farmers.
“This could have been effective because in the opposite camp (the Congress), Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi… none of them is a farmer,” he said.
- Sharad Yadav blames BJP for NDA's poll debacle (Lead) - May 31, 2009
- JD-U to go solo in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP to discuss vice presidential poll - Jul 14, 2012
- BJP, allies will pitch vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant files nomination for vice presidential poll (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- NDA to finalise vice presidential nominee Monday - Jul 15, 2012
- JD-U miffed about last minute news of NDA meet - Jun 14, 2012
- Bihar leaders in war of words over PM candidate - Jun 19, 2012
- Only JPC can properly look into 2G, claims Sharad Yadav - Dec 21, 2010
- Could not leave farmers for vice presidential poll: Sharad Yadav - Jul 17, 2012
- BJP wants Congress to react, NDA meet unlikely before Saturday (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- BJP tries to bridge gaps on presidential contest (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- NDA PM should be like Vajpayee: Sushil Modi - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: bjp leaders, bjp president, debacle, election campaign, executive meeting, farmers, former prime minister, janata, l k advani, manmohan, manmohan singh, national democratic alliance, nda, New Delhi, poll alliance, rahul gandhi, rajnath singh, sharad yadav, sonia gandhi, veteran