BJP backs Ramdev’s agitationAugust 10th, 2012 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Thursday backed agitation of Baba Ramdev to bring back black money and said the issue had been raised by party leader L.K. Advani.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that his party supported any agitation on the issue of black money and corruption.
“It (Ramdev’s agiitation) has our moral support. We are not going to participate,” Naqvi told IANS.
He said Advani had raised the issue on several occasions.
Ramdev Thursday started a three-day fast to demand the government initiate steps towards a stringent Lokpal bill and bringing back black money stashed abroad.
- Will support anyone who fights corruption: BJP - Jun 02, 2011
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives Monday deadline to PM (lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Baba Ramdev asks PM to act on black money (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- 'BJP giving moral support to Ramdev campaign' (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Congress shielding those with black money abroad, says Ramdev (Second Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Ramdev asks PM to act on black money (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Will support anyone who fights corruption: BJP (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives deadline to PM - Aug 12, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- BJP signals a stormy monsoon session - Jul 30, 2011
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Intro Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Parliament disrupted over black money (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev episode embodies a desperate leadership: Advani - Jun 11, 2011