BJP attacks Rahul over SIMI, RSS comparisonOctober 6th, 2010 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 6 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday attacked Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for comparing the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) with the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), saying only the mentally imblanced could make such comments.
“This shows affected mentality. Only people who have lost their mental balance can make such a comparison,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
“SIMI is a banned terrorist organisation. RSS is a school of nationalism which has been working for the past 85 years. He (Gandhi) is making statements only for political benefit,” Javedakar said.
He added that Gandhi’s comments reflected “immaturity and lack of knowledge”.
Speaking in Bhopal, Gandhi Wednesday termed RSS as “fanatical” and equated it with the SIMI. He said both SIMI and the RSS hold fundamentalist views.
- Rahul's remarks leave BJP, RSS fuming (Roundup) - Oct 06, 2010
- RSS asks Rahul to learn more - Oct 06, 2010
- Bajrang Dal slams Rahul for equating RSS with SIMI - Oct 06, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi immature: BJP leader Shahi - Oct 08, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi equates RSS with SIMI - Oct 06, 2010
- RSS, SIMI preach fundamentalist ideologies, says Rahul Gandhi - Oct 06, 2010
- Sonia, Rahul dividing India, says RSS leader - Nov 08, 2010
- BJP sends books on RSS to Rahul Gandhi - Oct 07, 2010
- Rahul, Rakhi, Sudarshan - all dragged to Madhya Pradesh courts - Nov 18, 2010
- Digvijay Singh is ill: BJP - Oct 12, 2011
- Defamation complaint against Rahul Gandhi for RSS remark - Oct 25, 2010
- RSS a school of patriotism, says BJP - Oct 11, 2011
- RSS expresses regret over Sudarshan's remarks; Congressmen hold protests (Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Ranchi court to hear Rahul, Arundhati remarks cases - Oct 26, 2010
- BJP leader Gadkari defends Ajmer blast accused Indresh Kumar - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: benefit, bharatiya janata party, bjp, congress leader, immaturity, India, islamic movement, lack of knowledge, mental balance, mentality, nationalism, New Delhi, rahul gandhi, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, spokesperson, terrorist organisation