BJP allies find Modi’s campaigning a burden: CongressApril 9th, 2009 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, April 9 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) allies find Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s campaigning in their states a burden, Gujarat Congress president Siddharth Patel said Thursday.
“Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has openly said he is not interested in inviting Modi for poll campaigning in his state. There are other NDA (National Democratic Alliance) partners now who are finding Modi to be a burden after inviting him for poll campaign in their states,” he said in a statement.
Patel said Modi’s presence in various states would in be counter-productive for the BJP allies as he was indulging only in self-praise.
Commenting on BJP senior leader L.K. Advani who filed his nomination Wednesday for the Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat, patel said: “A leader who has never taken any interest in addressing problems of people in his constituency even after being elected so many times from the Gandhinagar seat, now has his voters saying that it is no use for Advani to contest again if he has no interest in solving problems of voters in his constituency.”
- Is BJP resurrecting Keshubhai to take on Modi? (Gujarat Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
- JD-U 'rethink' on alliance will only help Lalu, says BJP - Sep 14, 2010
- Campaign picks up for Bihar polls - Oct 16, 2010
- Congress's Gandhinagar win a dent in Modi's invincibility? (Gujarat Newsletter) - Apr 22, 2011
- Shatrughan favours Modi, Varun campaigning in Bihar - Aug 21, 2010
- Another JD-U leader calls for snapping ties with BJP - Sep 18, 2010
- Bihar minister plans to invite Modi for campaign - Aug 18, 2010
- Presidential run-up more damaging for BJP than Congress (Comment) - Jun 23, 2012
- No decision on Modi campaigning for Maharashtra civic polls - Jan 14, 2012
- Lalu attacks Nitish over Modi handshake (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Bihar's ruling JD-U is against Modi for PM's post - Sep 18, 2011
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- Rivals in Bihar polls worried ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Gakari asks party functionaries, allies to exercise restraint - Jun 26, 2012
- Advani praises Modi on blog - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, alliance partners, bharatiya janata party, bihar, bjp allies, chief minister, congress president, constituency, gandhinagar, gujarat, l k advani, Lok Sabha, narendra modi, national democratic alliance, nitish kumar, nomination, poll campaign, presence, siddharth, solving problems