BJP adjournment motion on Assam violence rejectedAugust 8th, 2012 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) An adjournment motion on the violence in Assam moved by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the Lok Sabha Wednesday was rejected by a voice vote.
Speaking at the conclusion of debate on the motion, BJP leader L.K. Advani said he was not satisfied with the reply of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, adding there should be voting on the motion.
Speaker Meira Kumar put the motion to voice vote and announced that it had been “negatived”.
- BJP motion on Assam violence rejected (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Aggressive Sonia spurs Congress, forces Advani to retract (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Advani's adjournment motion on black money defeated - Dec 14, 2011
- (VM) Meira Kumar meets party leaders - Aug 06, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Assam, black money - Aug 14, 2012
- Floods, riots, econonmy to dominate monsoon session (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Speaker accepts Left-backed adjournment motion - Nov 24, 2011
- Agitated Sonia takes on Advani - Aug 08, 2012
- Advani, Sushma Swaraj skip Meira Kumar's tea party - Sep 08, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Advani's comments - Aug 08, 2012
- Lok Sabha adopts motion of thanks on president's address (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- PM calls Advani's remark disgraceful, Sonia agitated (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- BJP targets Chidambaram in parliament (Roundup) - Dec 20, 2011
- Day 3 in Parliament: No work, logjam on over price rise, Telangana - Nov 24, 2011
- Assam violence leads to uproar, parliament adjourned till noon (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012