BJP a supermarket of immorality, irregularity: CongressFebruary 9th, 2012 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) The Congress party Thursday described the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as a supermarket where a “spectrum of immorality and irregularity is available under one roof”.
Commenting on the resignation of three BJP ministers in Karnataka after they were caught viewing ponography on a cell phone in the state assembly, Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said: “A whole spectrum of immorality and irregularity is available under one supermarket called the BJP.”
“In the temple of democracy (assembly), you have pornography,” Singhvi said about the Karnataka incident.
He said that in the “supermarket of BJP”, “immorality was available in Karnataka, irregularity in Gujarat and corruption in Uttarakhand” and “interference” of Hindutva outfits in Madhya Pradesh.
- BJP should apologise for attacking judiciary: Congress - Feb 06, 2012
- BJP needs an internal Lokpal: Congress - Jan 06, 2012
- Singhvi stays away from parliament (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Singhvi CD issue his private affair, says Khurshid - Apr 24, 2012
- No conclusive view on Shunglu report: Congress - Apr 02, 2011
- Gujarat carrying vendetta against officials: Congress - Oct 03, 2011
- BJP like a drama company on corruption issues: Congress - Nov 30, 2010
- 2G Scam: Congress says demand for JPC is politically motivated - Dec 17, 2010
- Congress holds edge in split Uttarakhand verdict (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2012
- Congress plays down controversial 2G spectrum note - Sep 28, 2011
- Congress slams BJP for parliament disruption (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Congress slams BJP for parliament disruption - Nov 22, 2011
- Congress slams Sinha for attacks on Chidambaram - May 07, 2011
- Opposition demand to roll back FDI political blackmail: Congress - Nov 29, 2011
- Maharashtra readies for Rajya Sabha race - Mar 05, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, cell phone, congress party, corruption, democracy, gujarat, immorality, interference, irregularity, karnataka, manu, New Delhi, ponography, pornography, resignation, spectrum, spokesperson, state assembly, supermarket, uttarakhand