BJD to continue supporting Sangma for presidencyJune 16th, 2012 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, June 16 (IANS) Odisha’s ruling Biju Janata Dal Saturday said its stand on supporting former Lok Sabha speaker P.A. Sangma’s candidature for 13th presidential election has remained unchanged.
“There has been no change in our stand,” senior BJD leader and state DFinance Minister Prafulla Ghadai told reporters here after Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik held a meeting of senior party leaders at his official residence here to discuss the presidential election.
Patnaik, who is also the chief of the BJD, last month proposed the name of Sangma after holding discussion with Tamil Nadu Chief minister J. Jaylalithaa. He described Sangma as a distinguished tribal leader.
- BJD to continue supporting Sangma for presidency (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik is Sangma's proposer for president's poll (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Congress, BJD trade charges over presidential election - Jul 01, 2012
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- A tribal should occupy Raisina Hill: Naveen Patnaik - Jun 21, 2012
- BJD backs Sangma for president - May 17, 2012
- Patnaik accuses Pranab of buying support - Jul 02, 2012
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- People taking interest in presidential poll: Sangma (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Mayawati silent on Sangma's bid at presidency - May 19, 2012
- Presidential election: Sangma's son meets Patnaik - Jun 26, 2012
- Sangma pushes himself for president - May 22, 2012