BJD, NCP talks on seat sharing failMarch 26th, 2009 - 12:22 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 25 (IANS) The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Wednesday said it will field candidates from one Lok Sabha and 10 assembly constituencies in Orissa after seat-sharing talks with the state’s ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) apparently failed.
NCP state president Prasanta Nanda, however, said their list of candidates has the BJD’s consent, even as party denied the claim.
The NCP has unilaterally declared its list, said BJD secretary general Damodar Rout.
The BJD had earlier decided to fight the elections with the Left parties, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) and the NCP after it won a trust vote in the assembly earlier this month. Legislators of these party voted for Chief Minister Navin Patnaik during the trust vote after ally Bharatiya Janata Party withdrew from the government.
Orissa will go to polls in two phases April 16 and 23 to elect 147 members to the state assembly and 21 MPs to Lok Sabha. During the first phase elections, polling will be held in 10 Lok Sabha and 70 assembly constituencies.
- Congress wins two bypolls, BJP drubbed in Karnataka (Roundup) - Dec 04, 2011
- NCP seeks disqualification of four Odisha legislators - Jul 10, 2012
- BJD's sole woman MP joins BJP - Mar 21, 2009
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- Pranab to campaign in Odisha July 11 - Jul 01, 2012
- BJD to announce its seat-sharing proposals today - Mar 25, 2009
- NDA reviews vice presidential poll strategy - Jul 24, 2012
- Biju Janata Dal wins all three Orissa Rajya Sabha seats (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- 'Congress MP offered me Rs.25 lakh bribe' - Apr 23, 2012
- Ruling BJD wins Odisha bypoll - Dec 04, 2011
- BJP to abstain from Rajya Sabha poll in Orissa - Jun 06, 2010
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- JMM releases candidates' list - Sep 27, 2010
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Jharkhand's ruling alliance to face each other in Hatia by-poll - May 23, 2012
Tags: ally, assembly constituencies, chief minister, damodar, jharkhand, jmm, left parties, legislators, Lok Sabha, march 25, mps, nanda, nationalist congress party, navin, orissa, rout, secretary general, state assembly, state president, trust vote