BJD heads for landslide victory in Orissa (Lead)May 16th, 2009 - 12:21 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 16 (IANS) Orissa’s ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) was far ahead of its rivals the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress as counting of votes cast for elections to the state’s 21 Lok Sabha and 147 assembly seats was underway Saturday, poll officials said.
While the BJD was leading in 93 assembly seats, the Congress and the BJP were ahead in 24 and 13 constituencies respectively.
The BJD was leading in 13 Lok Sabha seats. The Congress and BJP were leading in one Lok Sabha constituency each.
If the trend continues, the ruling BJD may be heading for a landslide victory and could form the government in the state on its own strength, an analyst said.
Elections for both the Lok Sabha and the state assembly were held simultaneously in two phases April 16 and April 23.
- BJD heading for landslide win in Orissa (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- BJD leads in Orissa in early rounds of counting - May 16, 2009
- Pranab to campaign in Odisha July 11 - Jul 01, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik wins from Hinjili in Orissa - May 16, 2009
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- Landslide victory for Patnaik in Orissa (Fourth Lead) - May 16, 2009
- NCP withdraws support to BJD in Orissa - Dec 29, 2010
- BJP to abstain from Rajya Sabha poll in Orissa - Jun 06, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik is Sangma's proposer for president's poll (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- BJD to field Dilip Tirkey for Rajya Sabha - Mar 16, 2012
- YSR Congress leads the Andhra by-elections - Jun 15, 2012
- BJD to continue supporting Sangma for presidency - Jun 16, 2012