Bin Laden died before US raid: Iranian intelligence ministerMay 10th, 2011 - 4:21 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 10 (IANS) Iranian Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi has claimed that Tehran has evidence to prove Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had died of disease long before the US’ alleged raid on the terrorist, RIA Novosti quoted FARS Iranian news agency as saying.
Bin Laden was killed May 2 in the Pakistani town of Abbottabad, north of the capital Islamabad, during a raid by US Navy Seals.
“We have accurate information that bin Laden died of illness some time ago,” Moslehi said.
Bin Laden’s body was buried at sea less than 24 hours after the US operation.
“If the US military and intelligence apparatus have really arrested or killed bin Laden, why don’t they show him (his dead body) why have they thrown his corpse into the sea?” Moslehi continued.
A DNA test proved that the corpse of the dead man belonged to bin Laden, who has topped the FBI’s most wanted list for the past decade.
White House spokesman, Jay Carney said Wednesday that Washington would not release bin Laden’s postmortem photos to avoid instigating propaganda and possible violence.
- Bin-Laden's 12-year-old daughter saw father being shot - May 04, 2011
- 'Iran foiled many bids to assassinate scientists' - Jul 15, 2012
- Osama was unarmed, says White House - May 04, 2011
- US says it showed "far greater" respect to Osama's body than he showed to 9/11 victims - May 05, 2011
- White House backtracks, admits Osama was 'unarmed' when killed by US troops - May 04, 2011
- Countdown to Osama's end - May 02, 2011
- Osama was unarmed but killed as he resisted, says US (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Osama bin Laden's photo to be published: CIA chief - May 04, 2011
- Pakistan was not consulted on Osama raid: Salman Bashir - May 05, 2011
- No apology for raid to kill Osama: US to Pakistan - May 10, 2011
- Al Qaeda confirms Osama's death (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Obama has `robust agenda' for India-US trade - May 13, 2011
- Countdown to Osama bin Laden's end (Lead, with fresh matter) - May 02, 2011
- Apologise for security lapse on Osama: MQM chief - May 04, 2011
- Osama's son threatens to sue US - May 11, 2011
Tags: al qaeda, capital islamabad, carney, corpse, dead man, dna test, fbi, intelligence minister, iranian intelligence, iranian news, moscow, news agency, osama bin laden, postmortem, propaganda, qaeda leader, ria novosti, tehran, wanted list, white house spokesman