Biman Bose mocks Mamata’s plan of law against vandalismJune 1st, 2012 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 1 (IANS) West Bengal Left Front Chairman Biman Bose Friday mocked Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s idea of enacting legislation to penalise political parties indulging in vandalism and questioned the destruction of public property by the Trinamool Congress during its years in opposition.
“Yesterday, she said that legislation will be brought in but what about the destruction of public property that was done by Trinamool Congress during its days in opposition? What about the destruction of heritage furnishings in the state assembly in 2006 under her leadership” Bose asked while speaking to reporters.
Warning that “politics of destruction” would not be tolerated, Banerjee had Thursday said that her government was considering bringing in a law to penalise political parties indulging in vandalism.
Banerjee said she would seek advice from legal and constitutional experts and the common people before formulating the law.
“I would seek the advice of legal, constitutional and political experts. I would also seek the advice of the common people in order to formulate such a law. Destroying public property, government buses cannot be tolerated,” she said.
“In 2006, it was she who had led the Trinamool Congress supporters to the state assembly and destroyed furniture. And now, she is thinking of formulating a law,” questioned Bose .
- Vandalism by political parties won't be tolerated: Mamata - May 31, 2012
- Mamata forms experts committee on land policy - May 30, 2011
- Trinamool indulging in 'partycracy': Left Front - Jul 28, 2011
- Hope Mamata destroys Congress too, like other allies: Uma - Jul 11, 2011
- Wasn't aware Singur law needed president's nod: Narayanan Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- After 34 years, swearing in the name of god - May 20, 2011
- Mamata takes over Bengal reins, walks history road (Intro Roundup) - May 21, 2011
- Trinamool warns against mixing politics with profession - Apr 27, 2012
- Will create a million jobs: Mamata (Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- Won't indulge in politics of vendetta: Mamata - Aug 28, 2011
- Congress distances from Khurshid, BJP demands PM sack him (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- West Bengal passes Singur bill, Mamata calls it historic (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2011
- Mamata indulging in politics of gimmick: Left Front - Oct 24, 2010
- Men who will matter in Mamata's Bengal - May 13, 2011
- Populism is Mamata's Achilles heel (Comment) - Nov 12, 2011
Tags: biman, bose, buses, chief minister, common people, congress supporters, constitutional experts, furniture, heritage, leadership, legislation, mamata, mocks, opposition, political experts, political parties, state assembly, trinamool congress, vandalism, west bengal