Bill Clinton Raffles Himself To Pay Hillary’s DebtMay 14th, 2010 - 1:50 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
May 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Bill Clinton, the controversial and sometimes comical former President of the United States is at it again. For the second time this year, Bill is offering himself up to help pay off his wife’s debt.
In an email which was sent out to Hillary Clinton’s supporters, Bill Clinton offered those who donate on a website the chance to spend a day wit him in New York. The proceeds are to help pay off the whopping $771,000 that she still owes as a result of her failed 2008 presidential campaign against Obama. As Secretary of State, Hillary herself is forbidden from raising the money to pay of her debts, and so her loving hubby comes to the rescue, raffling himself off.
“How would you like the chance to come up to New York and spend a day with me?” the e-mail reads. “Hillary’s campaign still has a few vestiges of debt that I know she would like to see paid in full. Will you reach out today to help Hillary this one last time? If you enter between now and May 18th, you might join me for a day in New York.”
Interested parties can make a donation or fill out a form, and give at least ten dollars to the cause. The money is owed to Mark Penn’s firm, Penn Shoen Berland, who has already collected 24 million dollars from the Clinton campaign for services rendered.
- Bill Clinton offers himself as lottery prize - May 13, 2010
- Former President Bill Clinton raffles himself to pay for wife's debts - May 14, 2010
- Bill Clintons charity to help reduce Hillarys campaign debt - Dec 25, 2008
- Hillary pays off 3.7 million dollars campaign debt - Apr 16, 2009
- Clinton supporters to auction 'American Idol' finale tickets to help retire campaign debt - Apr 10, 2009
- Bill Clinton calls for support to Greek economy - Jul 23, 2012
- Obama donors can enter raffle for dinner with Eva Longoria - Dec 23, 2011
- Ugly Betty to help Hillary Clinton repay presidential campaign debt - Dec 05, 2008
- Hillary Clinton gives up hope of recovering $13m spent on her loaned campaign - Dec 23, 2008
- Sean Penn's charity receives cash boost from Bill Clinton - Oct 09, 2010
- Bill Clinton book hails Obama anti-crisis measures - Nov 06, 2011
- Clinton's friends find new way to help her pay left over campaign debt - Apr 24, 2009
- Clinton ready to step off `high wire' of politics (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Failure to raise debt limit could trigger slump: Obama - Jul 07, 2011
- Bill Clinton allegedly told Ted Kennedy: Obama would be getting us coffee - Jan 11, 2010
Tags: berland, bill clinton, clinton campaign, debts, e mail, former president, hillary clinton, hubby, interested parties, million dollars, obama, one last time, president of the united states, presidential campaign, proceeds, second time, secretary of state, shoen, vestiges, wit