Bill Clinton Museum To Be Awarded With ‘Historic Site’ StatusDecember 16th, 2010 - 8:28 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Clinton Home Museum in the city of Hope is supposed to display its brand new status of that of a national historic site right from the beginning of 2011. The former US President, till he was 4 years old, lived in this two-storied, wooden-frame house house constructed in 1917, situated on South Hervey Street, even though the house served to be the center of the life of him as well as his extended family. It was the home of the former US President since his birth 1946. The house was then sold off after the demise of Eldridge Cassidy, Bill Clinton’s maternal grandfather, in 1956.
Bill Clinton Museum is supposed to be the new name given to the home where the former President grew up. On January 2, 2011 - this home, situated on Harvey Street in Hope (Arkansas), would become a nationally acclaimed historic site. Sources say that there have been over 80,000 visitors all across the world who have visited the house from 1997 when it was opened up as a museum. Martha Berryman, the Director of Clinton 1st Home Museum said that the work was going on for 17 years.
Martha Berryman said that the most rewarding feature of his work as a director had been the international visitors during these 5 years. He said that visitors from all over the world come to visit the museum with huge respect for the work the former US President has done for the nation and the lives of people. Martha Berryman goes on to say that the visitors who visit the museum are not concerned about the rivalry between the Republicans or the Democrats. They look up to the museum as a piece of his diplomacy.
- Bill Clinton Museum: To become a national historic site - Dec 16, 2010
- US Secret Service agents visited Moscow strip club - Apr 28, 2012
- Foreign tourists turned away from Victoria Memorial - May 06, 2012
- Obama begins vacation by picking up summer reading - Aug 21, 2010
- Obama family to begin their 6th holiday of the year - Aug 19, 2010
- Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes to marry long-term boyfriend - Jan 15, 2011
- Prostitution scandal: US Secret Service tries image repair (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- George W. Bush voted most unpopular former US president - Jun 08, 2012
- Bill Clinton still most popular politician in America - Sep 30, 2010
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- Bush to unveil his portrait in White House - May 19, 2012
- US dedicates new memorial ahead of 9/11's 10th anniversary - Sep 11, 2011
- 9/11 memorial to need $60 mn a year to run - Sep 10, 2012
- Hollywood stars feature on the guest list of the Chinese state dinner - Jan 20, 2011
- Gandhi and King - Obama's tryst with two heroes in Mani Bhavan - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: 17 years, bill clinton, cassidy, city of hope, demise, diplomacy, eldridge, extended family, former president, frame house, harvey street, hervey street, hope arkansas, international visitors, kar, maternal grandfather, meena, right from the beginning, rivalry, wooden frame