Biju Janata Dal leaders involved in mine scam: BJPNovember 7th, 2009 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 6 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party Friday alleged that some top leaders of the ruling Biju Janata Dal are involved in the mining scam in Orissa.
After visiting the mining areas where large scale illegal mining has been reported, a team of BJP leaders alleged that the illegal mining “had the blessings of top leaders”.
“Large scale illegal mining of such magnitude can’t be possible without the blessings of ruling Biju Janata Dal and his number two. It is going on since years,” alleged BJP MP Balbir Punj, who led a team of MPs for an assessment of the ‘illegal mining’.
The team also alleged that though an inquiry has been ordered “it is just an eye wash”.
The party demanded a CBI inquiry into the matter and said they would give a memorandum to the prime minister soon in this regard.
The team visited six mines in the state. The team included BJP MP Govind Mishra, Ramesh Singh, Rudra Pani, Chandan Mitra and Balbir Punj.
- More people embroiled in Orissa mining scam - Nov 06, 2009
- Probe Orissa shootout, BJP tells NHRC - Apr 29, 2011
- Leakage of Goa mining report to be raised in parliament - Nov 21, 2011
- Nobody has right to give fatwa on secularism: BJP - Jun 20, 2012
- BJP questions PM on Trivedi's ouster - Mar 20, 2012
- Tirkey, two others elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha - Mar 22, 2012
- People taking interest in presidential poll: Sangma (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Clamour for action against V.K. Singh grows - Mar 29, 2012
- Parrikar's mining flip flop angers activists - Jul 17, 2012
- CM involved in Madhya Pradesh illegal mining: Digvijay Singh - Mar 09, 2012
- Politics is Rahul's family business: BJP - Jul 19, 2012
- Gadkari names in-charges for states - Jul 23, 2010
- Gadkari names in-charges of states (Lead) - Jul 23, 2010
- Government not serious about Lokpal: BJP - Mar 25, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: balbir, bharatiya janata party, bhubaneswar, bjp leaders, blessings, cbi inquiry, chandan, eye wash, govind, magnitude, memorandum, mining areas, mishra, mitra, mps, orissa, pani, punj, ramesh, rudra