Bihar’s businessmen upbeat ahead of China visitJune 9th, 2011 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 9 (1ANS) As they prepare to accompany Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to Beijing, Bihar’s businessmen hope to explore new technology from China’s manufacturing industry.
“We will study the innovative mantra and technology used by Chinese manufacturers to achieve world class quality at very competitive prices for use in Bihar,” Bihar Chamber of Commerce president O.P. Shah said.
Shah will be part the business delegation accompanying Nitish Kumar to China from June 12.
Bihar is keen for Chinese investments and joint ventures in tourism, trade and business, he said.
S.P. Sinha, president of the Bihar Industries Association, said the China visit would be a learning experience.
“We will visit the Shanghai Food Park to identify key areas for improvements in the upcoming food park at Hajipur,” he said.
Bihar’s businessmen will also visit power plants and agri-based industries in China.
Bihar is also eyeing Chinese tourists for the famous Buddhist circuit in the state.
Nitish Kumar will be in China for six days.
This will be the third foreign visit of Nitish Kumar since he became the chief minister.
- Bihar officials laud China's work culture - Jun 21, 2011
- Bihar industrialists laud Chinese work culture (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Nitish Kumar to visit China to promote Bihar - Jun 03, 2011
- On way to China, Nitish eyes tourism, trade tie-ups - Jun 11, 2011
- Nitish Kumar lauds China's development - Jun 19, 2011
- Karnataka to use farm lands as equity in agri ventures (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Xinjiang governor to build business links with India - Nov 01, 2011
- Chinese MP meets Nitish Kumar (Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Karnataka agri-business summit attracts Rs.78,000-crore investments - Dec 01, 2011
- Bhutan to help promote tourism in Bihar - May 06, 2011
- Bihar to get Indo-Israel agriculture centres - Aug 30, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.1.10-lakh crore investments in agri-business - Dec 02, 2011
- Chinese legislator meets Nitish Kumar - Jun 18, 2011
- Nepal PM inaugurates Bihar global meet - Feb 17, 2012
- India to set up 15 mega food parks - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: bihar, buddhist, business delegation, businessmen, chief minister, china visit, chinese manufacturers, chinese tourists, commerce president, food park, joint ventures, key areas, learning experience, mantra, manufacturing industry, power plants, sinha, six days, tourism trade, world class quality