Bihar voter files cheating case against NDA biggiesApril 14th, 2009 - 1:20 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 14 (IANS) A Bihar villager has filed a petition against BJP leader L.K. Advani, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his JD-U colleague Sharad Yadav for breach of trust in beguiling him into voting for the NDA in the state elections on the promise of better governance.
But there was no evidence that the situation had gotten any better with the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government of Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Nitish Kumar, said Satyabrat alias Kumud Lal, who filed his case Monday in the court of the chief judicial magistrate in Ara, the district headquarters of Bhojpur, 60 km from Patna.
Satyabrat, from Bhojpur’s Bara Kharaauni village, cited criminal breach of trust,cheating and conspiracy in his petition.
He stated that the three leaders had said at an election in rally in 2005 that ‘jungle raj’ prevailed in the state during the Rashtriya Janata Dal government led by Rabri Devi.
“Influenced by them, I had voted for the National Democratic Alliance in view that their statement was true,” he said, adding that the there was no evidence that the situation was better after the NDA came to power.
The NDA leaders had promised a crime free Bihar within three months and rule of law during the election campaign for assembly polls, he said, pleading for action against the three.
The court has admitted the case for hearing later this month.
- Nitish Kumar elected head of NDA legislature party (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
- Nitish Kumar congratulates Pranab, invites him to Bihar - Jul 22, 2012
- Bihar's ruling JD-U is against Modi for PM's post - Sep 18, 2011
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Bihar: JD-U retains Darounda - Oct 17, 2011
- Nitish Kumar invited to form government, swearing-in Friday (Second Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- Nitish likely to support Ansari for vice president - Jul 11, 2012
- Another JD-U leader calls for snapping ties with BJP - Sep 18, 2010
- JD-U, Trinamool yet to reach accord in UP - Jan 27, 2012
- Nitish Kumar sworn in - Nov 26, 2010
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- JD-U leader supports Mukherjee - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: alias, april 14, assembly polls, biggies, breach of trust, chief minister, criminal breach of trust, district headquarters, election campaign, janata, jd, judicial magistrate, l k advani, lal, national democratic alliance, nitish kumar, rule of law, state elections, villager, yadav