Bihar village heads to get good governance tipsSeptember 8th, 2012 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Sep 8 (IANS) After being lauded for good governance, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will give tips on this to nearly 2,000 elected rural representatives, including the ‘mukhiyas’ (village heads) next week, an official said Saturday.
“Nitish Kumar, who has been praised for good governance in Bihar, will provide tips to mukhiyas, sarpanchs, panchayat members, panchayat samiti members, at a state level training programme here,” the official said
Nitish Kumar will apprise them about their role and responsibilities and how to ensure good governance at the panchayat level.
Bihar Panchayatiraj Minister Bhim Singh said that government has invited elected representatives of rural bodies following which they were selected at district level for the state level training.
Singh said, the government has decided to organise four days training to all elected representatives of rural bodies next month. “The training will be held at block to district headquarters,” he said.
According to panchayat department officials, training for rural bodies representatives was planned last year itself soon after panchayat polls in May 2011. But it was not held due to some technical reasons.
In Bihar, there are 8,442 village body heads, 8,422 sarpanch,1,15,542 panchayat members, 1,15,542 panchs, 11,534 panchayat samiti members and 1,162 zila parishad members.
In 2006, Bihar became the first state in India to give 50 percent reservation to women in the panchayats.
- Nitish Kumar faces protest by Bihar rural representatives - Sep 13, 2012
- Women to the fore in Bihar panchayat polls - Apr 19, 2011
- Over 16,000 women in Haryana to get a fighting chance - May 17, 2010
- Kashmir Youth Congress marches for more panchayat powers - Aug 24, 2012
- For Kashmir panchayats, an endless wait for powers - Jul 11, 2012
- Haryana to have panchayat elections in 8 districts - Jun 15, 2010
- Now a solar lamp scam in Bihar, village heads in trouble - Mar 05, 2011
- 22-year-old elected Bihar village council head - May 26, 2011
- Kashmir panchayat members stage hunger strike - May 01, 2012
- Power will shift from secretariat to panchayats: Omar - Jul 01, 2011