Bihar takes to Facebook, Twitter to communicate policiesJune 22nd, 2012 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 22 (IANS) Bihar turned to social-networking sites Friday to reach out to people, especiallly the young, and start communicating with them over policy and governance issues related to the state, officials said.
The government’s information and public relations department has opened accounts on Facebook and Twitter sites, which officials say would be used to inform, propagate and share views on important issues.
“We would upload certain information and important announcements of the state government on both the sites,” Deepak Kumar, principal secretary of the information and public relations department said.
People can easily get updates on the government’s activities through these social-networking sites, Kumar told IANS.
“The Bihar government can be added to the friend list on Facebook and Twitter,” he added.
The friend request can be submitted to the address of information and public relations department given on the account pages.
Officials said that once the request is accepted, one can use networking sites’ applications to ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ an activity of the government, download information, share it and comment on it.
- Coming up, a Facebook-like education website - Aug 07, 2011
- 'Lakhs of Delhi Police followers on SMS, Facebook' - Jan 06, 2012
- Terorrist groups using Facebook for recruitment - Jan 10, 2012
- Twitter assures to cooperate after PMO complains - Aug 22, 2012
- Indian diplomacy wants to reinvent itself, virtually - Dec 12, 2010
- Public Diplomacy division gets social media award - Mar 12, 2011
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Facebook - Sep 10, 2012
- How To Find Jobs Through Social Networking Sites - Oct 18, 2010
- Lady Gaga launching her own social network - Feb 06, 2012
- Bing to integrate social networking with search results - May 11, 2012
- Sign of the times: Queen joins Facebook - Nov 08, 2010
- Use Facebook to know people, officials told - Jul 07, 2012
- Over 250 websites blocked for triggering northeast panic - Aug 20, 2012
- Foreign ministry embraces social media - Mar 16, 2011
- FBI going undercover on Facebook - Mar 17, 2010
Tags: bihar government, facebook, governance issues, important announcements, information share, principal secretary, public relations department, social networking sites, state government, state officials, twitter