Bihar ready for centenary celebrationsMarch 21st, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 21 (IANS) Bihar is ready for three-day centenary celebrations of the founding of the state beginning Thursday.
The government has spent vast sums of money to decorate the state capital with blue lights and organize several programmes including cultural shows, officials Wednesday said.
The Gandhi Maidan here is being readied for Bihar Divas — in memory of the day when the British carved out the state from Bengal Presidency March 22, 1912.
All government buildings and important destinations have been turned blue.
A brainchild of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Bihar Divas was first celebrated in 2010. Nitish Kumar will kickstart the celebrations here.
- Bihar is 100 years old - Mar 22, 2012
- People clean villages to mark Bihar Divas - Mar 22, 2011
- All spruced up for grand Bihar Divas - Mar 21, 2011
- Nitish Kumar floats 99 lamps to kickstart Bihar Divas - Mar 22, 2011
- Changing Bihar focuses on health - Mar 22, 2011
- First Bhojpuri film to be screened during Bihar Divas - Mar 17, 2011
- Bihar Day to be celebrated in seven countries - Mar 15, 2011
- Patna gets the blues during Bihar centenary celebrations - Mar 19, 2012
- Big B to attend Bihar Diwas - Feb 07, 2012
- Mauritius, Fiji presidents invited for Bihar Diwas - Jul 02, 2011
- Bihar legislature's centenary bash kicks off - Mar 22, 2011
- Bihar Day events to be broadcast live - Mar 19, 2011
- Bihar opposition protests lack of salaries to teachers - Mar 25, 2011
- Preparations to celebrate Bihar Day in full swing - Mar 16, 2010
- Nitish Kumar to embark on Bihar Diwas celebrations - Mar 22, 2010