Bihar politicians slam Uddhav ThackeraySeptember 4th, 2012 - 5:00 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Sep 4 (IANS) Bihar’s political leaders, cutting across party lines, Tuesday slammed Shiv Sena leader Uddhav Thackeray for his remarks that a permit system should be implemented for Biharis wanting to live in Mumbai.
Leaders of ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and alliance partner Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and opposition Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and Congress have countered Thackeray and demanded action against him.
Thackeray, the Shiv Sena executive president, made the comments Tuesday in the party mouthpiece Saamana.
Bihar BJP president C.P. Thakur said Thackeray was behaving like an irresponsible and immature politician.
“His statement is in bad taste and not good for the country’s unity.”
State animal husbandry minister and BJP leader Giriraj Singh said Thackeray was trying to divide the country.
“By airing such view publicly, he had violated the constitution and the Maharashtra government and the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government should take action against him.
JD-U leader Neeraj Kumar said stern action should be taken against the Shiv Sena leader for suggesting a permit for Biharis to stay in Mumbai.
He said people from all parts of the country had the freedom to stay in Mumbai.
“Who is Uddhav Thackeray to give a permit for us to stay in Mumbai?”
Leader of opposition in the Bihar assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui urged leaders to protest in Mumbai over the issue.
Congress leader Premchand Mishra said Thackeray was doing this for publicity and to prove himself anti-migrant.
Angry RJD workers burnt Thackeray’s effigy here.
- Uddhav says Digvijay is mad, never mind what granddad wrote - Sep 06, 2012
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- JD(U) says Nitish eligible for PM, lauds Advani for blog - Aug 07, 2012
- Bihar leaders in war of words over PM candidate - Jun 19, 2012
- Advani blog: Sena fumes, JD(U) welcomes prediction (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Thakerays are 'infiltrators' in Maharashtra from Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 09, 2012
- Sushma to attend Modi fast on final day Monday - Sep 19, 2011
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- NDA defers decision on presidential polls (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Hand me Army, I'll straighten out nation: Bal Thackeray - Sep 08, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj meets Bal Thackeray - Sep 02, 2012
- Sharad Yadav seeks action against 'paid news' in Bihar - Oct 05, 2010
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: alliance government, alliance partner, animal husbandry, bjp president, c p thakur, congress leader, executive president, leader of opposition, ljp, maharashtra government, mishra, neeraj, patna, premchand, progressive alliance, sena leader, siddiqui, state animal, stern action, thackeray