Bihar police intensify efforts to nab murder-accused JD-U leaderJune 13th, 2009 - 2:16 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 13 (IANS) Bihar police have set up a special team to nab Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Vijay Krishna and his son Chanakya, prime accused in the abduction and murder of a Patna businessman whose decomposed body was found floating in the Ganges river two days ago.
Satyendra Kumar Singh, 50, was abducted in the last week of May. His decomposed body was found floating in the river Thursday.
Krishna, a former MP, and his son are absconding.
“Police are doing everything to arrest them and raids are continuing,” Patna Senior Superintendent of Police R. Mallar Vizhi said Saturday, adding the police team could even go outside the state to arrest the two.
Singh’s wife Laxmi Devi and daughter Sweety have demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the killing.
A police officer, requesting anonymity, said the property of Krishna and Chanakya would be attached if they continue to evade arrest or fail to surrender.
A local court issued orders to attach the property Friday.
The Patna civil court Tuesday refused anticipatory bail to Krishna and his son after hearing their petition. The court also directed the police to submit the diary of the case within the next 15 days.
Krishna filed an anticipatory bail petition Monday claiming that he was being falsely implicated.
Singh’s family has alleged that the delay in arresting the accused was due to political “pressure” as the two were considered close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
- Murderers should be hanged: Slain businessman's wife - Jun 17, 2009
- Murder-accused JD-U leader's property attached - Jun 16, 2009
- JD-U leader's bail to be challenged in Supreme Court - Jan 08, 2010
- Body of abducted Patna businessman found - Jun 12, 2009
- Give death penalty to murderer: wife of slain Bihar businessman - Jan 26, 2010
- Former MP and JD-U leader gets bail in murder case - Jan 07, 2010
- Bihar JD-U leader arrested for businessman's murder - Aug 20, 2009
- JD-U leader denied anticipatory bail in kidnapping case - Jun 09, 2009
- Police for speedy trial of former MP facing murder charge - Aug 21, 2009
- Family of abducted Bihar businessman wants CBI probe - Jun 10, 2009
- Take polygraph test, slain Patna businessman's wife tells ex-MP - Sep 07, 2009
- Abducted Bihar businessman's family demands JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 02, 2009
- Kidnapped businessman's family slams delay in JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 04, 2009
- Kanda may move high court for anticipatory bail - Aug 10, 2012
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: abducted, abduction, anonymity, businessman, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chanakya, chief minister, civil court, decomposed body, ganges river, local court, mallar, patna, petition, police officer, police team, superintendent, sweety, vijay krishna