Bihar minister booked for violating poll codeMarch 10th, 2009 - 1:16 am ICT by IANS
Patna, March 9 (IANS) Bihar Social Welfare Minister and Janata Dal-United leader Jeetan Ram Manjhi was Monday evening booked for violating the model code of conduct. He was found using his official car in Nalanda district.
Nalanda sub divisional officer Jyoti Kumar told reporter: “We have lodged a First Information Report against Manjhi under section 171 of the PR Act for using an official car.”
According to sources, the official car has been seized by the authorities. Manjhi was returning to Patna after attending a meeting in Nalanda.
He declined to comment on the issue.
In another move, an FIR was also filed against BJP senior leader and MP Rajeev Pratap Rudy in Bhagwan Bazar police station for holding a press conference in the circuit house without taking prior permission of the authorities.
The Chief Election Commissioner N. Gopalaswami, during his visit here March 7, had instructed officials to follow the election code of conduct strictly.
- Four million vote in fifth phase of Bihar polls (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2010
- Four million vote in peaceful fifth phase of Bihar polls (Intro-Roundup) - Nov 09, 2010
- Caste to play main role in Bihar fifth phase poll (Curtain Raiser) - Nov 08, 2010
- Fifth phase of Bihar Assembly polls begins amid tight security - Nov 09, 2010
- Fifth phase of Bihar polls begins - Nov 09, 2010
- Fifth phase of Bihar assembly polls begins (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- CPI-ML to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 20, 2012
- Two arrested, 9 stolen cars recovered - Apr 09, 2011
- Bihar panchayat poll candidate's husband murdered - Apr 25, 2011
- Taj fest postponed due to polls, Agra seethes with anger - Jan 10, 2012
- FIR against Lalu, Nitish cries 'law breaker' (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Narendra Modi not likely to campaign in Bihar - Oct 02, 2010
- 36 percent voting in Bihar polls (Third Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Bihar to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 18, 2012
- Fifth phase of Bihar polls under way (Second Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: authorities, chief election commissioner, code of conduct, divisional officer, election code, fir, information report, janata, model code, mp, patna, police station, poll code, pratap, rajeev, rudy, social welfare minister