Bihar legislator stabbed to death by woman (Lead)January 4th, 2011 - 1:28 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Jan 4 (IANS) Bihar legislator Raj Kishore Kesri was Tuesday morning stabbed to death at his home in Purnia district by a woman who had accused the politician of raping her, police said.Kesri, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator from Purnia assembly constituency, was stabbed by the woman, identified as Rupam Pathak, inside his house, a police officer told IANS over the telephone from Purnia.
Pathak, a school teacher, had last year accused Kesri of raping her and had lodged a case againt him.
“The accused has been arrested and is being interrogated,” the officer said.
He said Kesri was rushed to a hospital but succumbed to his injuries.
The killing has sent shockwaves through Bihar’s political circles, particularly among leaders and workers of the BJP, an ally of the state’s ruling coalition led by the Janata Dal-United (JD-U).
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressed shock and has ordered a probe into the incident. He also asked Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi to rush to Purnia.
Pathak, in her First Information Report (FIR), alleged that Kesri and his men had raped her for a period of three years.
- Woman kills Bihar legislator who allegedly raped her (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Murdered Bihar legislator to be cremated Wednesday - Jan 05, 2011
- Editor sent to jail in Bihar legislator killing case - Jan 07, 2011
- Bihar legislator murder: Court grants bail to editor - Apr 28, 2011
- Bihar scribes demand release of arrested editor - Jan 10, 2011
- Woman kills legislator who allegedly raped her (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Editor's arrest questioned in Bihar legislator murder case - Jan 08, 2011
- Bihar legislator's murder: Graver charges against teacher - Aug 09, 2011
- Bihar legislator's murder: Charges framed against teacher - Jun 10, 2011
- Case filed over assault on killer Bihar teacher - Jan 09, 2011
- Bihar legislator killing: Husband backs accused - Feb 08, 2011
- Opposition for judicial probe into Bihar legislator's killing - Jan 05, 2011
- Bihar Police arrest journalist in BJP MLA murder case - Jan 06, 2011
- Woman sent to jail for stabbing Bihar legislator - Jan 06, 2011
- Arrested Bihar editor begins fast over bad jail food - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: ally, bharatiya janata party, bjp, constituency, deputy chief minister, fir, information report, jd, kesri, legislator, modi, pathak, police officer, political circles, politician, purnia, school teacher, shock, sushil kumar, tuesday morning