Bihar celebrates Raj Thackeray’s arrestOctober 21st, 2008 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Oct 21 (IANS) People distributed sweets and burst crackers in Bihar Tuesday to celebrate the arrest of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Raj Thackeray, whose party workers had targeted many Biharis, as they attacked people from outside Maharashtra who work in the state. “We are celebrating Raj Thackeray’s arrest. He deserves to be behind bars for attacking north Indians,” Amit Kumar, a student who took to the streets here along with several others to rejoice at Thackeray’s arrest.
Thackeray was arrested from Ratnagiri in Maharashtra early Tuesday in execution of a warrant issued by a Jamshedpur court.
On Sunday, MNS activists had attacked north Indians appearing for a railway recruitment exam in several parts of Maharashtra.
Kamleshwar Yadav, a government employee, said: “Thackeray should be prosecuted for treason.”
Irshadul Haque, a Dalit Muslim leader, said Thackeray should be punished for the violence against innocent people.
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray publicity-hungry: Nitish Kumar - Sep 02, 2012
- Raj speaks up for estranged uncle Bal Thackeray - Jun 01, 2011
- Raj Thackeray comes out in support of cartoonist Trivedi - Sep 11, 2012
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Raj Thackeray drops protest against Bihar Day event - Apr 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray renews attack on north Indian immigrants - Oct 04, 2011
- Raj Thackeray gets bail in rioting cases, hours after surrender - Feb 25, 2010
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Thousands march in Mumbai to protest violence (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012