Bihar BJP legislator arrested for killing employeeJuly 23rd, 2012 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 23 (IANS) A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator was arrested Monday in connection with the killing of his employee in Bihar’s Katihar district, police said.
Ashok Agrawal, a BJP legislator, was arrested following hue and cry by opposition and repeated demands of his family to take action against him.
“Agrawal was arrested and sent to jail after being presented before the court. He is likely to be sent in police remand,” Rajesh Kumar, sub-divisional police officer, told IANS over telephone.
Katihar is about 200 km from here.
Dhiraj Mahto was killed in the guardroom at the residence-cum-petrol pump of Agrawal, who is also a businessman.
The slain Mahto’s brother, Niraj Mahto, named Agrawal for killing his brother for refusing to return to his construction work site in Araria district.
Agrawal, however, denied it and said that Mahto was killed accidentally when the carbine went off in the petrol pump.
- BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Bihar Deputy CM in trouble over police firing - Jun 10, 2011
- BJP MLA arrested in Rajasthan, granted bail - May 29, 2012
- IPS officer's killing: CBI gets driver's custody - Mar 20, 2012
- Rape attempt: Uttar Pradesh legislator's two brothers held - Jun 25, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for custody death (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- BJP legislator accused of threatening official - Feb 19, 2012
- Deceased IPS officer's father alleges political murder - Mar 09, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for youth's custodial death - Feb 22, 2012
- Meghalaya official abducted by rebels - Oct 02, 2010
- Top Karbi militant, cadres killed in Assam - Apr 20, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Two Bihar legislators get extortion calls - Jul 04, 2011
- Police arrest Maoist leader in Jharkhand - Jun 25, 2010
- Tewatia sent to judicial custody over land stir (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011