Bhattacharjee slams CongressJanuary 31st, 2011 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 31 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Monday accused the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government of undermining the importance of integrated child development scheme (ICDS) workers and said it was unacceptable.Speaking at a rally organised by state ICDS workers in the city, Bhattacharjee said: “It is being said that the ICDS will be scrapped and the responsibility will be given to NGOs. We cannot accept that. We assure you that so long as age is on your side you will continue to be employed. No one can remove you.”
“The ICDS is a central government project. We all know how important your contributions are towards the well being of mothers and children. The Congress cannot deny you what you rightfully deserve,” he said.
He alleged that the Congress leaders had little regard for the interests of the ordinary people like ICDS workers.
“How much money is required to provide you with adequate livelihood? Not much money is required to run effectively the mid-day meal scheme. But the Congress has no money for you. Their leaders are busy looting money through various scams,” said Bhattacharjee.
- Buddhadeb attacks Mamata for unreal job promises - Sep 15, 2011
- Believing the opposition on Singur was a mistake: Bhattacharjee - Apr 15, 2011
- Bhuddhadeb to skip CPI-M politburo meeting - May 15, 2011
- West Bengal failed to meet social security target, says Buddhadeb - Jan 02, 2011
- Need more industries to create jobs: Buddhadeb - Mar 20, 2011
- Siliguri sex workers demand equal status ahead of polls - Mar 24, 2011
- Chidambaram, Buddhadeb in a war of words, literally - Dec 30, 2010
- Buddhadeb slams central government for costly onions - Jan 12, 2011
- Buddhadeb lambasts Mamata for making 'false' promises - Nov 27, 2010
- Government told to hike budget for child health, nutrition - Mar 14, 2012
- Buddhadeb silent on Singur verdict, flays Mamata - Sep 29, 2011
- Bihar asked to set up more shelters for homeless people - Jun 17, 2011
- Buddhabeb cautions party workers against arrogance - Dec 19, 2010
- Mamata government intolerant, tries to evade responsibility: Left - Aug 23, 2012
- Bengal heading towards food scarcity: Buddhadeb - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: bhattacharjee, central government, chief minister, child development, congress leaders, development scheme, government project, how much money, icds, kolkata, livelihood, mid day, ordinary people, progressive alliance, rally, regard, scams, slams, west bengal