Bhardwaj’s recall will make everybody happy, PM toldMay 17th, 2011 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leaders Monday did not allow the tense situation over fate of the party’s government in Karnataka to dim their quick wit.
“You will be happy and we will be happy (if Karnataka Governor H.R. Bhardwaj is recalled early),” senior party leader Sushma Swaraj told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at a meeting here.
“He (Bhardwaj) also will be happy,” veteran BJP leader L.K. Advani added.
The dig at Bhardwaj was taken by the BJP leaders during a meeting a delegation of National Democratic Alliance had with Manmohan Singh demanding rejection of Bhardwaj’s recommendation to dismiss the BJP government in Karnataka.
This was narrated by Advani to reporters outside Singh’s residence after the meeting.
Bhardwaj has been the target of strong attack by the BJP, particularly its Karnataka unit which often takes pot shot at him saying “he wants to be reinducted into the central cabinet”.
Bhardwaj was law minister in the first United Progressive Alliance government but was not included in the second UPA ministry formed in 2009.
He was sent as Karnataka governor and ever since he took over on June 29, 2009, he has been having running a battle with the first BJP government in the state.
On Sunday he recommended dismissal of the B.S. Yeddyuurappa government and direct central rule in the state, keeping the assembly suspended.
- NDA leaders meet PM over Karnataka, demand governor's dismissal - May 16, 2011
- NDA wants Bhardwaj sacked, to meet PM (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Karnataka battle: NDA leaders meet PM; Yeddyurappa, MLAs to meet president (Roundup) - May 16, 2011
- NDA holds meeting on Karnataka crisis - May 16, 2011
- BJP takes Karnataka battle to Delhi - May 16, 2011
- BJP threatens nation-wide stir to save Karnataka ministry - May 22, 2011
- Bhardwaj agrees for assembly meet, BJP firm on recall - May 23, 2011
- PM won't take any undemocratic decision: Yeddyurappa (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- BJP leaders to meet PM for recall of Karnataka governor - Oct 13, 2010
- Yeddyurappa confident PM will reject Bhardwaj's move - May 16, 2011
- BJP leaders to urge PM to axe Karnataka governor - Oct 12, 2010
- BJP hits road against Karnataka governor - May 21, 2011
- Bhardwaj praises Yeddyurappa for 'hard work' - May 18, 2011
- BJP sets May 25 deadline for Bhardwaj's recall - May 20, 2011
- Bhardwaj, Yeddyurappa share dias; but still daggers drawn (Lead) - May 18, 2011
Tags: alliance government, bharatiya janata party, bhardwaj, bjp government, bjp leaders, first united, karnataka, l k advani, law minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, national democratic alliance, party leader, party leaders, pot shot, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, target, tense situation