Bhajan Lal disowns son Chander Mohan for second marriageDecember 8th, 2008 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Hisar (Haryana), Dec 8 (IANS) A day after Chander Mohan lost his job as the deputy chief minister of Haryana, his father, former chief minister of the state Bhajan Lal Monday publicly disowned him saying that his second marriage was a “shameful act”.Talking to reporters in this Haryana city, Lal said that his son’s second marriage was wrong and a “gross injustice” to the family.
“His action is shameful for the family and society. I disown him from my family. I have always lived my public life with my head held high. His action has done gross injustice to his wife and children,” Lal said.
Mohan, deputy chief minister of Haryana till Sunday, went public with his second marriage with lawyer friend Anuradha Bali.
He was immediately dropped from the Haryana council of ministers by Governor A.R. Kidwai on the recommendation of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda citing his absence from office and neglecting work as reasons for the action.
“We are all solidly behind his (Mohan’s) family and children. We will look after them,” Lal, 77, said.
Mohan, 43, changed his religion to Islam to get married to Bali. They changed their names to Chand Mohammed and Fizaa, respectively.
Even Mohan’s younger brother and Congress dissident Kuldip Bishnoi, who last year floated a new political outfit, the Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC), steered clear of his brother’s actions.
“He is in the Congress. He has nothing to do with our party (HJC). Rest my father will decide,” Bishnoi said.
Mohan has literally abandoned his wife Seema Bishnoi and two teenaged children. One of his sons died earlier this year.
He had not been attending office and cabinet meetings here for over 45 days now.
Mohan is the sitting Congress legislator from the Kalka assembly seat. He has won the seat four times.
- End of Lal era in Haryana politics - Jun 04, 2011
- Bishnoi resigns from Haryana assembly - Oct 24, 2011
- I am not winning because of Anna: Bishnoi - Oct 17, 2011
- Bhajan Lal laid to rest with state honours (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- In Hisar, roadroller almost crushed Bishnoi's tractor - Nov 06, 2011
- People in Hisar voted against corruption: BJP - Oct 17, 2011
- Nearly 79 percent polling in Haryana bypolls - Nov 30, 2011
- Counting begins in Haryana assembly bypoll seats - Dec 04, 2011
- Bhajan Lal to be cremated at Adampur - Jun 04, 2011
- Deputy chief minister gets new wife, name, religion - loses job! - Dec 08, 2008
- Chander Mohan's love life costs him Congress ticket - Sep 24, 2009
- BJP, Haryana Janhit Congress enter poll alliance - Sep 10, 2011
- Chand-Fiza episode could eclipse Chander Mohan's political fortunes - Sep 11, 2009
- All eyes on Hisar - to fill Bhajan Lal's shoes - Sep 11, 2011