Berlusconi’s income risesMarch 20th, 2012 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, March 20 (IANS/AKI) Former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s income last year rose 20 percent to 48 million euros allowing him to keep the title of Italy’s highest-earning politician.
The billionaire media tycoon in 2011 declared more than 48 million euros in income, of which he paid almost 21 million euros in taxes, according to income parliamentary declarations released Monday.
Berlusconi’s immense wealth has its roots in Milan real estate development from which he branched out into mass media, becoming the owner of Italy’s largest private broadcaster company, Mediaset.
He makes tens-of-millions of euros from dividends and other income sources from his business empire.
Berlusconi’s successor as prime minister, Mario Monti, earned 1.5 million euros.
- Berlusconi highest-earning politician in Italy - Mar 20, 2012
- Drug bust at Berlusconi company - Nov 08, 2011
- Italian prime minister cleared in tax evasion case - Oct 18, 2011
- Berlusconi wants to be economy minister in 2013 - Jun 28, 2012
- Italian ministers post salaries online - Feb 22, 2012
- 24,000 Italian government employees to lose jobs - Jul 11, 2012
- Judge dismisses Berlusconi tax-evasion case - Jun 28, 2012
- Berlusconi to release his song album Tuesday - Nov 20, 2011
- Berlusconi appears in court for fraud, embezzlement case - Mar 28, 2011
- Berlusconi's son worries foes can hurt broadcasting empire - Jul 01, 2011
- Berlusconi skips tax fraud hearing - Sep 27, 2011
- Italian MPs are top earners in Europe - Jan 04, 2012
- When Italian senate applauded likely caretaker PM - Nov 11, 2011
- Berlusconi to take over AC Milan from daughter - Feb 17, 2012
- Italy's industrial production rose in November - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,